This 5-day course is for senior R&D experts wishing to acquire the skillset to make the transition into a recognized innovation management professional and also for innovation executives wanting to extend their strategic reach into specific areas such as Performance, Portfolio and IP Management, Design Thinking and Technology Transfer. We see that many of today’s innovation managers are engineers with technical product development backgrounds who gradually take greater responsibility for the performance of the entire innovation process from strategic ideation to product management and go to market.
With this in mind, our trainers, who are all practicing Innovation Management Professionals, clarify the role of an innovation manager and deliver what she/he needs to know as a lateral thinker, a techie, an economist and a networker. The course is designed to leave you equipped with the know-how and tools to deliver innovative performing products that meet market demand in increasingly competitive and fast-moving markets without sacrificing product quality. The course and its contents are “quality assured” by IPERF and result in the IPERF Certified Innovation Manager.
The course content focuses on performance-driven innovation management and recognizes that there is no standard, one-approach-fits-all practice. Indeed, the innovation manager needs to recognize and combine all functions that add value when developing successful innovation processes. Within 5 intensive days based on IPERF methodology participants will learn most important building blocks an innovation manager needs to successfully cope with innovation.
The complete development cycle from ideation to product management is addressed:
- Guiding framework to manage innovation with techniques on goal setting, business process prioritization and KPI selection throughout the innovation lifecycle.
- Knowledge about design methods in early project ideation phases
- Know-how about portfolio management principles and tools, how to analyze and select projects and products in a portfolio.
- Competence to develop an intellectual property strategy for the technology roadmap of a company.
- Best practices and tools, which have been successfully implemented in R&D development cycles, like agile management, scrum, design thinking.
- Finally, the course gives an outlook into product management through all phases from conception to withdrawal from market and its special role, challenges and peculiarities within the company.
5 day training course
Monday, November 9 until Friday, November 13
Location: Konrad-Zuse-Ring 10, 14469 Berlin/Potsdam, Germany
Host: SAP Innovation Center Network